Thursday, September 24, 2009

My Quote- The Background

Success is a journey. The doing is often more important than the outcome- Arthur Ashe. I think this quote helps represent my life. I'm always journeying, hoping that my journey is always a stellar one, leading to whatever outcome. Even with mistakes, if you learned from it, it mostly does not matter what your grade or punishment is. As my mum says- It does not matter which side won, just so long as you enjoyed playing the game. I believe that to be true in all things. In the book I'm currently reading, Furnace : Lockdown, by Alexander Gordon Smith, the main character, Alex, goes on a horrid journey of betrayal and lies, winding up in jail. However, he does not care that he is in the world's worst prison- he only cares about the truth being revealed, that he isn't responsible for the murder of his best friend.

The image I chose was a rather abstract-looking blue line in a background of orange, by Beth Cornell. I feel the line shows the twisting journey of success, even when you are the only one on it (the orange background). The paint strokes symbolize the learning and experience gained on the journey.

http://www.fineartregistry.com/featured_artist/images/cornell/cornell-fine-art.jpg

Found on http://www.fineartregistry.com/featured_artist/images/cornell/cornell-fine-art.jpg

No comments: