Monday, September 28, 2009

Compliments- The Best Kind of Speech

I love compliments, although, I can't really remember the last time I gave one out openly. I believe it was at lunch, when I told Alan that he was awesome and cool, and in PE I told Elliot that he was good at badminton. Alan thanked me, and Elliot just smiled.
The last time I was given a compliment was in homegroup, when Mrs. Lemos said my grades were good (although I want to improve my Humanities and Spanish), which made me feel proud.

More often than not, people tend to dish out hurtful comments rather than compliments, and I'm no exception. I want to improve this, and after seeing the video, I'll think about what I say more before I let it loose. I find it funny that people go and just give out compliments for two hours. I mean, it makes our world a better place, not arguing about that, but I think it's a really good idea on the guys' part, and good on them for wanting to improve the dull, dismal, depressed, law-breaking, wasted, un-environmentally friendly, horrible ecomony world we live in.

I actually want to try this out here at lunch, as it would raise the spirits of everyone, and make life more fun and joyous in general.

And, to parrot Tesco's (as in the UK supermarket), "Every little helps!"



http://www.teeshamoore.com/Image0233.JPG

Found on http://www.teeshamoore.com/Image0233.JPG

I chose this image mainly due to the quote on it- "Find your light and then let it shine." I feel it matched the theme of compliments, with people finding the inner light of each other, and letting out you inner light by complimenting them.

No comments: