Sunday, October 18, 2009

Another Link Made!

Sorry I haven't posted anything this week, but I've been busy.


Anyway, this is just a breif post with a few links I made over the weekend.


In the book I'm reading, Eragon, there is a character called Hrothgar. Could he be of any relation to our good friend, King Hrothgar of Beowulf? He might be, as JRR Tolkein based Lord of the Rings on Beowulf, and Eragon is similar.


Also, in a fun game I have, Heroscape, there are 2 characters I found links with, both to Norse mythology. Firstly, there is an ice dragon called Niflheim, who is probably based on the icy Norse realm. Secondly, there is a giant called Jotun, similar to Jotunheim. Jotun may be a word describing someone from Jotunheim, however I'm not sure. These probably do come from the Norse myths, as Heroscape does that with figures from the past.




I chose this image because it looks like all the little things coming together to connect, and be one large thing. Odd reason, but to me, it looks like details be connected.

Found on-
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.dreamstime.com/technology-connections-abstract-thumb4578178&imgrefurl=http://www.dreamstime.com/forumm_8992_pg46&usg=__xHzn9qeB04QE1oRGXFqTmJBOu94=&h=350&w=280&sz=96&hl=en&start=2&sig2=uQSOtnKRLLsWSzKkEpzaSg&um=1&tbnid=WXT4OTh2TvXWzM:&tbnh=120&tbnw=96&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dconnections%2Babstract%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26um%3D1&ei=TuDaSqGWIY7-7AO9yPiVBg

Sorry once again that I didn't do a fancy citation, but I'm in a rush, and my parents need me to clean the hamster cages now. I'll post more next week!

No comments: