Friday, October 9, 2009

Where The Hell is Matt???

I'm just going to cut the waffle- I LOVED his video!


I found it interesting, the way he thought of himself in a scientific way, as a puny primate incapable of accepting today's world. I do agree with him though, that inside we are all the same, and that being different isn't bad- it's actually good, interlinking with the saying, "To be strange is to be normal, but to be normal is to be strange".





Actually, I remember a few months ago when my parents and I went out cycling. We were at the top of the hill, by a little refreshment house, and we watched the little boy there play with a small red car. It was just like watching any little boy play. We thought that if you gave a small red toy car to a little boy from Malaysia, one from the UK, one from Sweden, one from the US, one from Australia, one from the Middle East, one from Brazil, one from Zimbabwe, one from Singapore, one from Japan, and one from Egypt, they'd probably all do the same thing. They'd all probably push in backwards and forwards, and make the engine noises, and the break noises, and make it go around in circles and off tables.





In 5th grade, Mrs. Williams said something similar, which I agree to. All people are born the same, however their upbringing and suroundings change them as they grow older.





It also reminds me of a classic Trini saying- "The same, but different" for obvious reasons.





I beleive this is the element Matt is drawing on with his horrible dancing, which, by the way, I can do too! I can jump up and down and swing my arms about!





I chose this random-looking picture because of the little square-rectangle-thingies (so descriptive, I know). They are black and white, but they're mixed! Is there a black half and a white half? No! Why should our world be different? We're all square-rectangle-thingies on the inside, it's just our outside appearence that differs! As the old saying goes, "Don't judge a book by its cover."

Found on http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3594/3311047644_eeba6d83b6.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.marshallastor.com/2009/02/&usg=__1fXKXKpEHQGrj3hjHyi_LyvK3_A=&h=496&w=500&sz=288&hl=en&start=18&sig2=8Y9Gh7AAMnOloUCYjr4xwA&um=1&tbnid=4jw6qy74KOPfjM:&tbnh=129&tbnw=130&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dthe%2Bsame%2Bbut%2Bdifferent%26ndsp%3D20%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26um%3D1&ei=pfbOSpeDDZaI6gOzmOntAQ

Sorry I didn't do a citation like last time, but I'm in a hurry...

2 comments:

Sarah XD said...

I really liked how you discribed the little boy with the red car, and how every little boy would probably do the same thing. I loved the video too
Keep up the good work (P.s, I like how you have put down the 'wee ponders'!)

Aidan L said...

Thanks!